Sunday, April 29, 2012

What I Wore: April Showers




dress - thrifted
cardigan - gift
wellies - target, gift from the hubby
necklace - flea market
ring - belonged to my grandma

I can't even begin to describe the joy I felt when I found this dress! I'm still working on losing the weight I put on while pregnant with Tesla so 90% of my wardrobe doesn't fit right now and I usually just end up wearing sweatpants or (cringe) maternity pants. I've been missing my vintage dresses that are currently all packed away so it's nice having something pretty to wear in the meantime! 

I wish I'd gotten a picture of Layla's outfit too... it was a mini version of mine! She looked so cute in her little vintage floral dress, cardigan, and polka dot wellies... I asked if she wanted her picture taken but she was preoccupied with watching TV and kept saying "maybe later." 

The day this was taken I had just gotten back from the salon to get blonde bangs and I was trying to take a picture of them and noticed later on that Layla is photobombing every single one from the backseat! 




And apparently Tesla is a little photobomber in the making as well.


Hope you enjoyed my first post! :)                                 

6 comments:

  1. I loved the name you gave your blog. Looks good too. I've been thinking of changing the name of my blog... such an annoying process though. I have a necklace just like that one but it's bright orange, got it for 50 cents at Spencer's Bizarre. I felt like I won the lottery when I found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny- that's the same place I got this necklace! :)

      Delete
  2. Yup, the after baby shape is a hard one to love... but then, the trade-off is so precious... and the life is so busy... Love the dress... and love the journey back into "normal" (?) clothes. Go you! grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so difficult, but so worth it! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your blog is adorable - your style, your family, the name <3

    I know what you mean about the post baby body. My son just turned two and I have about 20 more lbs to lose before getting down to my pre pregnancy weight (I gained 65) but you look great!...I would have never guessed that you just had a baby! It is so so worth it though:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks! Thank you! :)

      It took me two years to lose most of my weight from my first baby, I had just started wearing my pre-baby jeans again and then, surprise! I was pregnant again, haha. I gained about 80 lbs with my first and 60 with my second but I'm working on getting back to a comfortable weight! And yes, it is definitely worth it!

      Delete