Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Yes, I know it was yesterday, but I was enjoying my day too much to post.
I hope everyone had a mother's day as wonderful as mine!
Timmy took me to one of my favorite restaurants where we had delicious burgers, and we got to visit with his mom and family as well as mine before relaxing together to watch Celebrity Apprentice. (Go Clay Aiken, btw.)


  



Layla was, as usual, uncooperative for pictures.

I am so blessed to have more than one mom to be grateful for on Mother's Day!


Here's my lovely mom, my dad, and little me on our very first mother's day together! I just love my mom's little corsage made of baby socks.


And I can't forget my wonderful mother-in-law! I'm so grateful to have her in my life. (That's my hubby in the lifejacket, hehe.)


This is my birth mom, Lesa, and Layla. Unfortunately, she passed away shortly after this was taken, but I'm so happy she got to meet and spend time with Layla. I love and miss her very much, especially on Mother's Day!


One more wonderful mother I'm missing is my Mom-Mom. She and I were a lot alike and I learned SO much from her. She gave me my first sewing machine and taught me to use it! (Yep, that's little me in the hood... by which I mean jacket, not "the hood.") 

How did you celebrate your Mother's Day?

2 comments:

  1. loving all the old photographs!!! wished i could have spent time with my mom on mother's day!! but i guess a phone call is better than nothing.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day :) Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete