Here's a description of the award:The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
11 things about me:
- I'm a die hard Joss Whedon fan. I totally fangirl over anything he creates, my all-time favorite being Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog. I'm also a huge Buffy/Angel fan. I can't choose which one I love more... though I might have to go with Buffy, only because it has more Spike. I'm mildly obsessed with Spike (understatement of the century).
- I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is a genetic disease that affects your connective tissues, so to put it simply, I pop joints out of place pretty often. It's pretty painful but the one positive aspect is that I don't scar easily and I have zero stretch marks, even after having two babies!
- My husband and I have been married just over three years, but we've known each other for 11.
- My older daughter is named Layla Renee, after the Eric Clapton song. My younger daughter is named Tesla Reign, after Nikola Tesla, the inventor.
- I have met Charlton Heston, Gene Simmons, and Michael Cera.
- I have never lived outside of Delaware.
- I'm adopted. My parents adopted me when I was two months old, and were always honest with me about it (which I am grateful for). When I was 23, I decided I was ready to try to find and meet my birth parents, and I did! It was one of the greatest decisions of my life. I went from having one sister, to having eleven brothers and sisters, one of which is younger than my daughter!
- I love, love, LOVE RuPaul. I genuinely think she's a better role model for young girls today than most "real" girls out there (cough, Kristen Stewart, cough).
- I'm legally blind without glasses or contacts. If I'm ever rich, the first thing I'm going to do is get lasik eye surgery.
- I'm terrified of aliens, though not the kind like in "Aliens." They have to be the lanky ones with big heads and narrow eyes. "Signs" scarred me for life.
- I'm not terribly shy, but I am really awkward and anxious in unfamiliar social situations.
- What's your favorite meal to cook? I'm not very good at cooking, my hubby actually does most of the cooking around here. However, I love to bake, specifically cupcakes. They don't always look pretty, but they're delicious. My favorite that I've made so far were maple bacon cupcakes.
- Do you play video games? If so, what games? YES, I love video games. I'm a huge fan of any Legend of Zelda game, my favorite being Twilight Princess for GameCube. It was the first game I ever beat, and obviously a high point in my life! I don't get to play a lot of video games anymore now that I'm a momma but I still enjoy watching Hubby play certain games like Assassin's Creed and L.A. Noire.
- If you could be a character from a movie, who would it be? Zooey Deschanel's character in 500 Days of Summer. She's got a dream wardrobe and she gets to knock boots with JGL!
- What's your sign? Does it fit you? I've never been terribly interested in astrology, but my friends that are swear I'm a typical Scorpio!
- If money was no issue, where would you go on vacation? Well, initially I'd have to take a trip to Ireland, being an Irish girl. After that, I'd love to relax on some tropical beach with crystal clear water, warm enough to feel yourself lightly baking but not enough to make you start sweating. Does such a place exist?
- Do you have any tattoos? If so, which one is your favorite? Nope, I have none! Once upon a time when I thought I wanted one I was pretty dead set on a giant triforce on my chest. It's probably a good thing I got over that...
- Why did you start blogging? Well this blog is still just a baby, but I've been blogging on and off in various places for the last ten-ish years. I used to blog as "The Happy Hippie" a few years ago and that was fairly successful. Mostly I just think it will be nice to look back years from now and see where I was and what my little family was up to at the time! That, and it's so great to meet fellow bloggers and make friendships with people I actually feel like I can connect with. I live in an area that's more fond of NASCAR than vintage. Case in point- the closest bookstore is an hour away.
- What is your favorite smell? It's hard to choose just one! I love the way my babies smell just after a bath, the smell a bonfire leaves on your clothes, and (oddly enough) that grandma-ish smell that's sometimes on vintage clothes from the thrift shop. It also depends on the season too, I like my house to smell like apple cider and pumpkin pie all autumn long, or sugar cookies and peppermint around Christmas.
- What would your dream hairstyle/hair color look like? I'm such a sucker for obnoxiously long, thick, wavy mermaid/hippie/medieval princess hair. As far as color, I love fiery red hair, like Jean Grey or Poison Ivy. And like a million other girls out there, I'd love to just stick Kaylah of The Dainty Squid's hair on my head.
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and how many? Unfortunately, we can't have pets in the apartment we live in currently. However, three of the seven cats at my parents house are technically mine. It's probably a good thing we can't have pets here, I'd be a total crazy cat lady.
- What's your favorite cartoon? DARIA, without a doubt.
- What is your favorite blog?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
- What is your favorite (cell phone) app?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
- Who do you consider your biggest style inspiration?
- What is the last song you listened to?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Blogs I'm tagging:
- Belle & Me
- Ghost Ship
- Jasie Plays at Adulthood
- Just Dawnelle
- LaLa Faux Bois
- Little Lady Little City
- The Muffington Post
- Tangerine Colored Skies
- Tiny Yellow Bird
- Velveteen Mint
Thanks again Karen! You're a doll!