Monday, August 13, 2012

Guest Post: Shades of Monet Chronicles

Hello there Darth Pickles Readers!

My name is Marisa Noelle and I blog over at The Shades of Monet Chronicles.  How very nice to meet you here today on Aarika's darling blog.  I'm a vintage loving gal who adores making music, exploring new places, baking to my little heart's content and just like Aarika, I am a mommy too.  Though free time is few and far between when you have a spitfire little two year old boy in the house, I love kayaking, soaking up sun on the lake where we live, playing my ukelele and cozying up to a classic Hemingway novel if the moment permits.  Otherwise it's Dr. Seuss and Thomas the Tank Engine all the way - and I simply can't complain :)
Outfit Details: Blouse, Skirt, Shoes: Thrifted // Hat:UO // Brooch: Antique Mall



So now that you know a little about me, I am going to leave you here today with one of my favorite cupcake recipes.  
Toffee Espresso Cupcakes with Bailey's Toffee Icing.  These surely won't disappoint.
Ingredients:
2 TBSP instant espresso granules
1 Cup boiling water
1/2 Cup butter flavored shortening
1-1/4 Cups sugar
2 Eggs
1-3/4 Cups all purpose flour
1/4 Cup baking cocoa
1-1/2 TSP baking powder
1/2 TSP baking soda
1/2 TSP salt
1 Cup chocolate covered English toffee bars, crushed (Skor)

Icing:
1 (8 Ounce) carton whipping cream
1/4 Cup milk
4-1/2 TBSP instant vanilla pudding mix (Jello)
3 TBSP Bailey's Irish Cream
1 chocolate covered English toffee bar, crushed (Skor)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve espresso granules in boiling water and cool.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition.  
-Combine flour, cocoa, baking power, baking soda and salt then add to creamed mixture alternatively with espresso mixture and mix well.  Fold in toffee bits.
-Fill paper-lined muffin cups to 3/4 full.  Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to wire racks.

(Yields 16 cupcakes)

For the icing:
In a medium mixing bowl, add the whipping cream, milk, pudding mix, and Bailey's Irish Cream.
With an electric mixer, beat at high speed for 4-6 minutes or until soft peaks form
Add in your crushed toffee bar.
Spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Stick in the refrigerator prior to serving.

Now pour yourself a piping hot cup of joe and do enjoy these yummy little morsels!  Thank you Aarika for asking me to post here today and thank you darlings for reading along.

Love bunches, 
Marisa Noelle
_____________________________________________________

Thank you Marisa! You and your little guy are too cute for words, and I certainly can't wait to try my hand at these cupcakes! Readers, make sure you check out Marisa's blog. Her style is fantastic and she's just as sweet as can be! 

9 comments:

  1. I love her! And these recipe sounds delicious.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luvin those wedges on you sweet lady <3

    Tye
    http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisa's outfit is darling! And those cupcakes sound delicious- I am drooling here. Thanks for that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! I love Marisa's outfit and her son is the cutest thing ever.
    Those cupcakes sound sooo tasty
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post darling
    xoxo Ilana
    www.mymodernvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Marisa! Those cupcakes sound sooo good :) I don't have a child and still think Thomas the Tank Engine is the bomb.

    loulou

    ReplyDelete
  7. these two! so adorable! i love everything marisa does - those cupcakes look delicious!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simple adore Marisa Noelle! She is so lovely and sweet. and this recipe looks amazing! I definitely need to make these very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely outfit, you're both so cute! x Sushi

    ReplyDelete