Folks, I have been on a major 90's movie/tv show kick as of late. I've been feeling especially inspired by the awesome 90's fashion, though truth be told it makes me feel really old, because I guess they're officially calling that "vintage" too now... and I grew up in the 90's! Yes, I totally rocked the baggy overalls, plaid flannel, flowy floral dresses, and copious amounts of burgundy and hunter green. Let's be honest though, not ALL the trends of the 90's were fabulous, there was definitely some runoff from the late 80's, and in my humble opinion the 80's were just plain tacky... and not in a good way. I think it's just a rule to abhor the generation you were born in. I was born in 1984 and the style from back then just makes me gag! Anyway, some of the movies and shows I've been inspired by lately are...
- My So-Called Life - I hadn't watched this since I was probably 14, and holy moly, did it get me feeling nostalgic! Even back then, I remember coveting everything that Angela wore.
- Reality Bites - I actually just saw this for the first time this week- loved it! I'm sort of a sucker for anything Winona Ryder is in, and I want everything Janeane Garofalo is wearing in the above picture... and her super short bangs.
- Singles - I adore Bridget Fonda in this movie. I kinda feel like I need her hat. And a leather jacket. And sweet boots. And a grungey Matt Dillon on my arm perhaps...
1. Vintage Plot Your Future Dress from Modcloth
2. Vintage Guess Boots from James Rowland Shop
3. Vintage Lee Flannel Shirt from Dear Bones Trading Co.
4. Vintage Cappagallo Blazer from ReMixx Vintage
5. Vintage Straw Bowler Hat from Lactose Intoler-Art
6. Vintage O'Malley Sunglasses from American Deadstock
7. Vintage Tapestry Boots from James Rowland Shop
Are there any movies or TV shows from the 90's that inspire you? What's on your 90's fashion wishlist?