Friday, January 25, 2013

Marvelous Music!

I spend a lot of time (seriously, a lot) listing to music. I recently discovered the fact that you can make actual playlists on YouTube, so I pretty much have my phone set up to play music via YouTube 99% of the day. Here's a few tasty morsels I've been frequenting as of late!

1// Lindsey Stirling - Phantom of the Opera
Folks, this video BLEW MY MIND. I've always enjoyed the violin, but this chick takes it to a whole new level. While you're out it, check out her YouTube channel, I promise you will not be disappointed. I have an entire playlist dedicated solely to her magic.

2// Jodi, Alana, and Morgan - Hallelujah
Now, I know this song has been covered and recovered over and over by everyone and their brother. However, this version is sweetly simple and beautiful and just honestly fills me with joy every time I listen to it!

3// Radical Face - Welcome Home
There is something about the rhythmic clapping in this song that gives me that tingly feeling and makes me feel like I belong in a hippie circle around a campfire somewhere. I really enjoy this one when I'm trying to clean and need something to get me moving! (Bonus - cute boy with a beard!)

4// Damien Rice - Nine Crimes
This song is so, so hauntingly beautiful and filled with emotion. It gives me goosebumps!

5// Walk Off the Earth - From Me To You
If you haven't already heard of Walk Off the Earth- clear your schedule and check out their YouTube channel. They do super fun covers of all kinds of songs and they're crazy talented!!

Readers, what's on your playlist? Anything I should check out?

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll like this lady!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBPg8Zdp2g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that!! Thank you for sharing it- I'm always looking for new music to enjoy. :)

      Delete