Friday, October 19, 2012

A room fit for two princesses!

We live in a teeny, tiny apartment. I remember a time when it felt almost spacious, but that was before the Webblings came into the picture. It is truly absurd how much STUFF two little girls can acquire in such a short time. The sweet little nursery that once housed just my little Bun is now home to two little ones and it is packed to the brim. It doesn't even really look like a little girl bedroom at this point, it looks more like something from an episode of Hoarders. It's so bad that I can't even bring myself to post a picture (yet).
Anywho, now that Layla's 3rd birthday has come and gone and the stuff has increased by quite a bit, I've decided that my next big project is cleaning out, reorganizing, and decorating their room. I want them to have a lovely little space they can actually play in and enjoy. I've been busily perusing Pinterest for inspiration, making notes, doing a bit of Goodwill shopping, and packing away things that no longer fit or get played with very often. WHICH, might I add is not an easy task. Every time I go through the girls' clothes I usually end up waxing nostalgic and getting weepy over their adorable little things and wishing they would just stay small forever. Also, I obviously have to deal with the toys when Layla isn't hovering, because she insists that she needs ALL her toys, of course.
So... here's some things I've been inspired by in my quest for the perfect little girl bedroom.
Such a strange and random assortment of lovely colors!
I'm smitten with that robin's egg blue crib... and all the sweet little clothes on display!
Such a perfect little pink bed.
An adorable shared bedroom. I just adore all the kitschy little details!
I love how fun and colorful this room is. It seems like a happy place to be!
I'd really like to make a couple of these cuties.
I have a lot of work ahead of me! I'd like to think I'll be able to make progress and share it with you all as the room comes together. Wish me luck! Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment: